December 10, 2021
Priorities and Insight for Angel and Venture Capital Investors
Notes and Transcripts
What Was Covered
- 03:50 – How did David get started?
- 06:20 – David started his first SaaS company in 2001.
- 08:45 – So many people fall in love with their product, but the reality is it needs to add value to others.
- 08:50 – You can manage a company with a focus on the product, the process, or the customers. Pick one.
- 10:40 – David recommends focusing on the customers before you focus on the product or the technology.
- 11:45 – What are the pros and cons of managing the process of a company?
- 13:35 – Before you pitch the investor, figure out which of three ways you plan on using to manage your company.
- 14:20 – David talks about winning The Innovator of the Year award.
- 19:30 – New York is now the second largest market for investments, next to San Francisco.
- 20:20 – David talks about the three areas of TechX Foundry – Robotics, 3D Printing, and Tech Fashion.
- 26:15 – How can you prove to investors that you and your team are the right people to execute an idea?
- 27:25 – Remember, you can’t do everything yourself.
- 28:10 – David recommends the book the Lean Startup.
- 30:55 – It’s all about collaboration, innovation, and the desire to create successful lives.
[Tweet “A company has to have value. That’s the first litmus test.”]
[Tweet “What are you truly bringing to the table?”]
[Tweet “At some point, you have to divide and counter and you gotta collaborate.”]
[Tweet “Always put your ego aside.”]
Transcripts are Here
If You Enjoyed the Program, Please Leave a Review Here...
It just takes a few minutes, but your feedback will be helpful to bring in more guests to reveal their stories and secrets. Any feedback is helpful and appreciated.
You May Also Like…
On this episode of Investor Connect, Hall welcomes David A. Rosen, President and CEO at Acrelic Group.Acrelic Group is a strategic advisory firm headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with additional locations in Philly, Chicago, Cleveland, and Tel Aviv. Their principals are experienced business owners, operators, executives, and board directors who are focused on “Helping People and Business Achieve Remarkable Results.”
David Rosen is the founder of TechX Foundry and is currently a mentor at TechLaunch, a New Jersey based accelerator. He also won Innovator of the Year award for simplifying the manufacturing industry in New Jersey. David discusses three ways a company can be managed and offers some pros and cons for each management style. Management style is important to define beforehand so that you can ensure you have the correct team in place to make it a reality.
Thanks to Joe Ayoub and Raza Shaikh of the OnBoards Podcast for Interviewing our Founder, CEO, David Rosen. For New England Business Owners, Executives, and Board Directors Joe, Raza and David talk about New England’s Private Directors Association Chapter and Discuss The attitudes to Upskill and Improve the Value of Boards to their Private Company Owners and Stakeholders. Learn about the Modern Board Components of Success.
David A. Rosen
CEO, Founder, Acrelic Group. Investor, Board Director, Entrepreneur, Strategist, Mentor and Tech Industry Business Executive. Available for Speaking Engagements, M&A Advisory, Skills: Strategic Business, Market, and Product Plan to Execution. Transformation Advisor in Incremental through Transformative Change.